mgr Karolina Topór
I am a psychologist and psychotherapist (certificate PTPPd no. 164). I work according to psychodynamic paradigm. My mother tongue is Polish, but my second language is English.
- graduate of Psychology Department of Silesian University
- graduate of English Philology Department of Silesian University
- graduate of School of Psychodynamic Psychotherapy in Cracovian Psychodynamic Centre
- member of Polish Psychological Association and Polish Society for Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
Currently I work as a psychologist and psychotherapist in Psychiatric Clinic in Katowice. I gained experience in Psychiatric Units and Outpatient Clinics in Silesian region as well as in Clinic of Pediatry and Children’s Oncology in Zabrze and Pediatric Clinic in Sosnowiec. I had my psychotherapeutic internship in The University Hospital in Cracow. I work with adults and teens in individual and group therapy. My work is regularly supervised in KCP (Cracovian Psychodynamic Center) which is a center for psychotherapy and training recommended by Polish Psychological Association.
In my work I use psychodynamic approach that enables me to treat each patient and his problem individually. Psychodynamic psychotherapy not only treats symptoms but also goes down to the source of the problems. That helps in preventing future recurrence of symptoms. Through getting aware of the unconscious mechanisms and emotions connected with them, patient can achieve long-term satisfactory effects and a great improvement in the quality of his life and relationships.
Psychotherapy can be helpful when the following symptoms occur:
- Chronic sadness, grief
- Anxiety, panic attacks
- Shyness and social phobia
- Mood swings
- Withdrawing from the social life
- The feeling of helplessness
- Low self- esteem
- Persistent thoughts
- Eating disorders
- Sexual problems
- Relationship problems
- Life crises
- Loss of energy
- Sleeping problems e.g. insomnia
- Constant fatigue
- Unidentified symptoms of no biological background: stomach pains, nausea, heart pounding with the feeling of anxiety, chest pains, vertigo
If You are not sure whether psychotherapy is applicable to Your problem or not, You can phone for an appointment (consultation).
- W Centrum Kontinuum: